Southeastern Montana Development Corporation wants to inform people of the Montana Department of Agriculture’s Growth Through Agriculture (GTA) funding cycle. The GTA program works to strengthen and diversify Montana’s agricultural industry by offering grants and loans to qualified agri-businesses for new agricultural products and processes.
Applicants are encouraged to contact SEMDC for assistance with their GTA application, financial projections, business and marketing plans. Projects may potentially be funded in a single application for a maximum total amount of $150,000 in the form of grant funding up to $50,000 and loan funding up to $100,000. Examples of project activities involve equipment purchases, advertising and promotion, and consultant services such as engineering costs. A dollar-for-dollar match is required for all proposals.
The Council may make a grant or loan if it determines that the project is consistent with the goals of the Growth Through Agriculture Act and:
1) primarily adds value to Montana’s agricultural products,
2) has the prospect for commercial success given current personnel, experience and resources of the applicant,
3) has the prospect to create and/or retain jobs in Montana,
4) primarily processes or adds value to Montana’s agricultural products currently produced or potentially produced in the state, and
5) has the management structure to allow the Agriculture Development Council to reasonably conclude that the applicant will comply with ongoing reporting and monitoring activities.
For more information about this funding opportunity go to agr.mt.gov/Growth-Through-Agriculture or contact Julie Emmons at 406-853-6900.