The Montana Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network invites you to our 7th annual Invest in Success (IIS) small business conference March 15 & 16, 2016 in Havre at MSU-Northern! The IIS conference provides hundreds of Montana entrepreneurs essential business workshops on leadership, marketing, financial management, operations and technical training for specific industries. This year we are expecting over 200 attendees and 25 vendors. The 2016 conference will help you “Solve Problems by Creating Opportunities,” and learn how to meet business challenges with strategic solutions. Our goal is for you to come away with new ideas to set higher standards for performance outcomes. For more information on breakout sessions, our Shark Tank live pitch business plan competition, and our Keynote Speaker, visit sbdc.mt.gov/investinsuccess.
What’s happening this year?
Tuesday, March 15:
- Tours of “Havre Beneath the Streets” and “Wahkpa Chu’gn Buffalo Jump” – Starts at 2:00 PM
- Evening networking reception featuring the Triple Dog Brewing Company – Starts at 6:00 PM
- Opening Reception featuring Triple Dog Brewing Co., Vendor Tradeshow, Silent Auction for Montana Job Service Employer Committee (JSEC), and Networking with Montana business owners
Wednesday, March 16:
- Registration opens at 7:30 AM; Breakout Sessions Begin at 8:30 AM
- Luncheon and Keynote Speaker Paul Leach of Loenbro 12:15 PM
- “Shark Tank” Live Business Plan Competition Starts at 3:00 PM
- Door Prize Winners Announced at 4:30 PM (Grand Prize: New Laptop for your Business!)
Where can I find more information about the conference?
Visit sbdc.mt.gov/investinsuccess for more information on breakout sessions, the Keynote Speaker, Shark Tank and more.
How do I register for Shark Tank?
Registration for Shark Tank is live through Submittable. You cannot register for Shark Tank here. If you participate in Shark Tank, you will receive free admission. Do not register on this site if you are a Shark Tank participant! Please go to sbdc.submittable.com/submit to register. Applications close Feburary 19.
Where can I find out more about the presentations?
Download the PDF here.
Can I change my mind about the breakout sessions later?
Yes. If you select a breakout session you no longer wish to attend, please feel free to change the day of.
Where are the conference accomodations?
The BestWestern Plus Great Northern Inn (406) 265-4200(406) 265-4200 has a conference rate of $89/night for one or $99/night for two. The room block closes on February 23, 2016.